Monday, March 3, 2014

Howdy

So hey I finally got to go sight seeing here. its been pretty sweet and I've got a few pictures to send ya. We went to China town here which was a little disappointing do to not being anywhere near as good as the one in San Fran. we literally walked into China town and then two minutes later left it lol. But we then went to Redding Mon Tunnel which is one of the coolest things I've seen yet here. It used to be a train station I guess but now its like a food court mini mall with everything you can imagine in it. I've got pics and some video but you really gotta be there to experience it. Sorry I don't have as much to say for this week of email. I actually got a lot more on the Ipad at home but I didn't get to finish, so Ima try to send as much as I can now.
We then also came to the temple where its being built. All four corners are up and they are working on the steal part now. Supposedly the spires will be done within the next two to three months which will be awesome. We also have hung out with the sisters here along with Brother and Sister Carr who watch over the temple grounds here. Super awesome and we've had a really good time. We went to lunch at a place called the snack shack that has one of the best burgers I've ever had.

 I'm also experimenting more with food and having a fun time with that. One of those things I'd like to share with you about that is ya know those things called plantains? They look just like a banana but they aint? Well what ya do is buy a couple of those and then let em age till they is either almost black or completely black so that they are sweet enough. Slice em really thin and then fry them on a pan with some butter until they get crispy and then after that sprinkle some sugar or some cinnamon on em (you can eat em just fried too) and then eat em :). Really good. In the package ima send you a recipe for a really good burger to, however it won't have the amazing sauce that also helps but I'm not sure how to make that so it wont be the exact same.
Anyways today has been really awesome besides the snow :P. Ya we got fricken snow again lol. Hopefully the winter goes away here soon. Supposedly this winter has made it to almost top five winters ever here with snow and cold. Can't stand it lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment