Monday, October 6, 2014

Robin equivalents, philly driving, to many elders in this crib, conference truths

Well, I see that they thought I was bored of the chopped up cornfields of soy n such so they sent me back to the concrete jungle... Literally :3. Yup my areas name is independence east and it is super huge!! However one cool perk is that the temple is in the district so whenever we have an investigator to teach we can take them down there if they do so please :D. Super fleshed out since the time that I left it since the steal work wasn't even complete then... Interior is being worked on and the only steal visible is that of the spires. So my companions name is Elder Barker and he's pretty sweet, though I still don't know to much about him. From Corona California, loves basketball and batman and has a Hispanic girlfriend. He's dry funny, so sarcastic as heck, but a very good elder. However the area book here is ugly as heck so I plan to work on that :P. This is the largest walking area that I know of and haven't really figured it out yet, but that's alright. We have other elders living with us as well since their apartment recently had bedbugs, so they've been living with us since I got here... Cramped but fun and we found out they might be here for some time since the mission is looking to get them a completely new apartment for them... Messy messy :P. My only peeve.... Anyway, on Tuesday we had dinner with a less active family named the Wasco's and they are a group. I had my first experience of Philly driving when Bro Wasco gave us a ride and I have to say that I'm not exactly sure how I still have an arm or leg but I do :3. Philly drivers suck! But dinner was good, though their daughter Sherry scares me a bit... If Robin W. had a slightly taller more chunky form, & was from South Carolina, Sherry would be that girl, literally. The humor here is as dry as heck, I quickly learned which is alright. I'm a fan of fantastic Mr. Fox anyways so all is good. Oh before I forget guess where my companion previous ended up. Back in the same area he had come from (Wilmington), once again a district leader, with Elder Murphy :D! I do worry a bit about that combination though, a bit, since Murphy pulls a lot of shenanigans and jokes and Ballif was very stiff as to what he believed a missionary should be. I loved Ballif but he was stiff and opinionated. Everyone here since I got here has been getting sick and have been trying to do the same to me but I've fought hard with the power of emergency! And then I ran out so we will see how I end up haha. Things have been going well in this area though. Worked with a less active family that we call the LaytonBrown family which is a very interesting group. The house is literally just full of woman who are all somehow related to each other one way or another I don't know but the house is pretty crazy. The one lady has a full on beard 0.o... That one weirded me out but the lesson went ok though they didn't show up like they said they would :P. We also have a very new recent convert of Barkers who is Mr. Stevenson. Now how does one explain him, hmmm. Take that awkwardness of you listening over a conversation tuck and I would have over games, add excitement of Dad watching an amazing last moment basketball play, and then make the topic religion :3... You got that? Ya he is super awesome and super excited. Conference this past weekend was literally like a sports game for him and it was actually pretty sweet to see how excited he is, especially for a 22 year old who goes to temple university. I've had some pretty cool impressions this week, though my street contacting stinks. I find that if I at the very least just go through with it and try to talk with the person, we've had success since they will talk back. I've missed that about walking areas since in the past two areas there hasn't been as much chance just to talk with someone on the streets. Just said hi to a man sitting on a door step since I felt I should and he asked if we had a quit smoking program, so right then and there we set him up with the Frankford elders :3. Sorry things are everywhere. Just kinda thinkin and writing at the same time since my companion never seems to sync and I have no plans :P. So let's see here. We had dinner with a less active named Annie on Friday night. She is from Honduras and Barker has been working with her for some time. Funny as heck and we were able to get her out to a session of conference with us :D. Her son who is about five years old is funny as heck to. Has better hair than Tarzan and rather than saying people he will do something like who are these humans mom? Such a funny and cute kid. Played football Saturday morning for the first time in six months and my goodness am I hurting. It was a blast though, playing it in the rain. I haven't lost my supercharger legs too which Iam quite proud of when playing those games :3. But man the rest of the weekend with conference I could barely move :P. Conference was really good this year... Or I guess it's always good but it just happened and I'm a missionary and pay attention more so I got a lot more out of it. Y'all have any favorites? I'm going to go with Uchtdorf's first one, Quentin's priesthood one, and Bednars right at the very end alog with Monsons priesthood one. All were good I was just very fond of those ones :). Jörgs talk was good too! Goodness this letter is so scattered but it'll have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment