Monday, October 27, 2014

FHE Stoopin, rainy dayz, Halloween Party

Well the adventures in the concrete jungle brought some new experiences this past week. Since it's usually house to the steps to the side walk in that order with very few parks in between we have a lot of people that sit out on their steps all day doing funny weird philly things to which we call stoopers. I had my first experience with being one myself Monday night when some members invited us over for FHE and we did exactly that. Since the time being here I've probably gotten to know four members, since the only missionaries that exist to them are the sisters :P. But I'll save my sister rants for another day and at this FHE I learned more about Ward members than I anticipated with some strange traits. Guess there is a man who hates it when you say understand cause it means you didn't fully get the message so when talking to him you must say that you over stand him... :/. God is great, root beer is good, people are crazy! Anyways I don't have to much to write this week since not to much happened but I'll make it as exciting as possible. We had a ton of rain this past week with really cold temperatures so for the first time since leaving Elder Whitaker I took out my coat and put that bad boy on as we went out into the rain. I was on exchanges with our district leader Elder Sutton on Wednesday, which was good though we had very little luck in finding anyone. It mostly ended up being a very long walk doing stop bys and talking to people on the street. One instance was super crazy though! We were at a bus stop and Elder Sutton was talking to a lady when the air got an electric smell and a fizzing sound started. Looked up and about fifty yards from us a transformer on a power line just blew up! It was like a fire work with a shock wave and took out the top side of the pole! All the philly drivers got super confused too since the lights went out and they had to take turns, haha ya four way stops without lights don't work, out this way :P. After that we walked in the rain yay! On Thursday after planning and such we celebrated a past birthday party with the west Elders, Story and Sutton, at the Wasco's house and had a lot of lasagna. It was really good and it had a lot of different cheeses in it but I can honestly say that lasagna without cottage cheese just doesn't taste the same to me. So Moms home cooking and the one other member who made it that way have to be the best in my opinion. And when it comes to lasagna it matters :3. Friday is finally where we had some action and I was quite happy to get some of it. We found a new investigator who's name is Shurika but goes by Reek and gave her a Book of Mormon along with a card that offers a free DVD. We received an actual referral by her on mormon.org for that dvd which is awesome cause I've never seen anyone order anything from it :3. We were also able to get in contact with a girl named Alexis, who is in her teens somewhere, who has an interest as does her mom Madeline. We met with em on Saturday with our recent convert Brandon and that had to be one of the most scattered lessons ever. We went into the plan of salvation for our first lesson and it kinda just crumbled and was rebuilt a while later into with the, Because of Him video. It was a mess but at least it ended alright. See them again on Saturday. Yesterday we were able to come in contact with Elder Barkers old neighbors and had a good time there. She wants to get back into coming to church a bit and we will hopefully get down to the temple sight with them in the near future. Oh hey I almost forgot some things. So we had a ward Halloween party which was pretty legit :3. Had a chili cook off and everything, but I can honestly say I was just there for the food. We also had a very funny primary program yesterday. My goodness it was so disfunctional but it was still good. Lots of kids weren't there, a young couple with their two kids tried to sing but the two kids just fought over who's turn it was with the microphone haha. Never know what your gonna get do ya ?!:3

No comments:

Post a Comment