Monday, April 13, 2015

Baptisms on the Way!, Exchanges and Area Decision Talk, In Sickness and in

First and foremost, whoever can say the reference for the last title in this emails subject gets bonus points and maybe a thing of Brownies in the package that I am sending home ;)! All is well here and since it's now four in the afternoon I am more or less awake enough to write this email. We've been busy getting necessities for our apartment and making hopefully our last entrance into China town for the next little while :P. So I won't keep you waiting and I'll move into our mainstream news. So last Monday we were at Joel Mynders Baptism. It was sweet! Though our poor guy had to be baptized three times since his foot kept coming up but it went alright. He felt awesome and what was also pretty sweet is that both Brianna and her Mom came to it and they both loved it and felt the spirit! Apparently it was also the highlight of the week for Melanie so I'm getting ready to put someone else up onto the baptismal forecast ya know ;)? We are prepping for Brianna's baptism this coming Sunday, however we were unable to see them last week and we still have big lessons to go over such as chastity and the word of wisdom... Ugh! We are teaching both tonight so it's going to cut close, but I think we should be able to make it. Tuesday we had exchanges. I sent Elder Crowther over to the west side of Broad and brought Elder Philogene over with me. Been out the same time as Crowther but he's from Haiti and speaks five languages my goodness! He a good guy, converted about 3 years ago I believe, in Boston and has loved it ever since. We taught the Layton Browns a super good lesson. No screaming kids going to and fro, no one going in and out. Just nice and quiet with all of the adults there listening to "The Hope of Gods Light", by Pres. Uchtdorf. We later on did some finding at temple university and I failed especially, but I was able to see Philogene do good. His English is good but it takes time, so at the moment he just has a memorized shpeal that he gives which is kinda funny since he doesn't stop once he's started. Some people had just taken out their headphones when he was already half way through. He will get it though! We had dinner with the Peterson family later that night as well. It was good, we had Tia food and shared the "Because He Lives", video. Wednesday, we had a very interesting and awkward experience *:|... We went over to Mike for a lesson and while we waited for him Dana had a really raunchy show going, which mind you, Elder Crowther and I have dubbed as the don't look up moment. We took Mike downstairs as fast as possible but it was a bit to late, the spirit was just gone and I felt terrible :P. Thursday, we had zone training so I had a week off from district meeting which was nice. Afterwards we had a meeting about what we were going to do with Temple Campus. It was just me, Elder Bevans, and the Zone Leaders. I'm really not to sure what to say about it. I didn't say much while the others talked a lot and we kinda left on a bit of a stand-by we will share it. I'm fine with that just, I received word from President that he would like only one companionship to cover it and to not work it often. The last part I didn't fully understand but I'll be talking more with him about it and find out what he wants me to do. I went on exchanges with the zone leaders, me in Frankford with Elder Meline. It was good though not to much out of the usual happened. Friday we had weekly planning but as the day went along Elder Crowther started to get some stomach issues but we pressed forward non the less. He and Elder Long found a ton of people while I was away (always happens) and we tried to stop by not to much success since Brianna cancelled. Crowther got worse so we went to right aid to pick up pepto. Before I had finished paying he had downed some and from there we went to Dana's store to ask for some advice for him. Went in and talked with her when suddenly I realized that Crowther was gone and was throwing up on the front steps all slumped over. It was gross since I had to clean it up :P. Went home then haha. Saturday he was still completely wiped out and in the fetal position most of the morning. I had some good studies as he rested, from a Book called The Power of Everyday Missionaries. I highly recommend it. At about 12:45 we had some lessons coming up so I gave him a blessing and then he was perfectly fine for the rest of the day. We taught a homeless man named Earnest, in McDonalds. Elder Crowther had found him on exchanges and he's pretty sweet, hopefully we will be able to help him get better situated :). We also had a man named Brian who I had met in Save Alot months earlier. It was a rumbly lesson since we were late due to some kids and then we also had to get to Jenns. He seems pretty good and he said that what we told him interests him. Woot! Jenns lesson was super good. Like its the number one on the top five lessons I've ever had at that house. We taught about the Holy Ghost and how we can know truth. The house was in almost complete silence the whole time during the lesson with no interruptions. We finished up and all the noise came back which I pointed out to Jenn. I still have hope :). Sunday we were on the run with Brother Moala taking us different places. Afterwards we had to go down out of our zone to Penn hospital to see Sister Rios. This is where the title comes from, since Sister Rios was in there for a blood clot and should have surgery tomorrow. It's crazy how much this woman has been through but she still kicks strong and still has her funny sense of humor. Put a mean doctor in her place and thus hadn't seen her since haha. We talked and gave her a blessing which made her feel better. I have high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment