Monday, January 19, 2015

WML Bronies, Baptismal Dates Max, Lundberg, God does Your Back Hurt? Cause You're Really Carrying this Team...

This weeks episode, we begin where we left off with the leaving for a meal appointment with our Ward Mission Leader Brother Peterson. Well like all appointments, we begin with the usual converse and banter of topic to be told when I and the Peterson family made a connection over Anime. Strange I know since I'm not the biggest one for it but I had my two shows and a movie here or there.., besides the point it started off with good conversation when I poked fun at my little pony just to find out that both Brother and Sister Peterson are into this new "My Little Pony" :/..... For such a small group I've encountered the Bronie movement in all but one area of the mission where I've saved myself or totally kicked myself. Well I digress from said topic with a report that the food was good! Tuesday was pretty darn exciting for Elder Litton and myself you see. Most of the day was frankly uneventful right up until the very end where we went and saw Gil with Nancy and her family. For the first time since I have been over to that house we had everyone in on the lesson and it was quiet! That never happens over there! They were all participating to which was amazing as we taught the plan of salvation. The only thing that marred the experience is that once we reached the spirit world I asked Gill a question of what his thoughts were about those who never heard about Jesus when he took a fifteen minute detour about other religions and didn't even answer the question :/. Well with no time left and the kids no longer attentive due to the detour we set all but one up with a baptismal date! We will get the last of Nancy's kids, she is like 11 and is just worried about being called a Christian, which we explained we were, but for whatever reason, it just didn't sink so we will be seeing them tonight and finish the lesson :3. So that brings us to a miraculous number of 6 baptismal dates, woot! Nancy has been set with a date before but I wanna see this one go through Ya know? Well I'll continue on to Wednesday. I went on exchanges with Elder Lundberg (one of our zone leaders) in his area which is the Frankford part of Philly. The day was pretty well set for us. Lessons all day long with little finding time which I'm ok with since teaching is the best! We had some less actives we visited at the end of the day that had recently watched some anti videos called "What the Mormon Missionaries don't want you to know". They knew that a lot of the stuff wasn't true and who ever came up with that video was quite the moron since we were able to resolve every concern in literal moments :P. They promised to come to church since we did that, so today I'll be seeing if they did ;). Elder Lundberg had been my favorite zone leader on the mission thus far and I hope that I can continue to serve around him a little longer. We have transfers in two weeks and Elder Litton and I don't know which of us is going but we are pretty sure that at least one of us will :(. I came back from the exchange to have a sick dog for a companion. Elder Litton got a 24 hour flu like thing and due to a Plummer that never showed up and Littons condition not much happened. Lately I've wondered if that flu shot might have been worth it since lately everyone we teach has been getting it and I know that I can't keep getting lucky rolls of the dice, haha. But it's a bit late now and I'm still to stubborn to get something that has a "chance" of keeping me safe... Seen more of a "chance" getting it afterwards :P. Friday was taken up by zone conference. It was good as usual. Compliments, rebukes, teaching and guidance. It took up pretty much the whole day and since Elder Litton had a meeting afterwards, I went with Elder Chapman to Frankford where we had a lesson and played UNO with their branch members which was nice. Saturday is where the amazing stuff happened. A few days before a lady named Denise had called and we set up an appointment. For the past four months we've either talked to her outside of the door since we didn't have a guy with us or when we did she wasn't home. Very frustrating haha. Well we finally got to go in with a member. We were only able to teach a bit of the restoration since this particular member has his interesting ways of explaining things but besides that she is super prepared and though we didn't set her with a date we invited her to be baptized which she agreed to once she new it was true! We then went straight to Daisy with some other members. Great as usual Daisy is probably one of the most prepared person I've worked with. We taught the word of wisdom but she had already quit drinking a couple years ago, was working on quitting smoking, doesn't drink coffee, and only has iced tea every once in awhile :3. She came to church yesterday and loved it too! She is an awesome lady and I think that she will be baptized real soon here. Hopefully while I am still here! ;) God works miracles yes he does. Well that about concludes our week. We were going for a go for broke plan yesterday and get as many lessons as possible when meetings and a last minute notice to play the organ kinda, well broke our plans :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment