Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cracks with Gold

So this week has been a ton of clean up, and when I mean a ton of clean up I mean that we won't ever do it again since we won't have such a large pool of miles to draw from with our car lol. We litterally have the use of 150 miles a day at the moment since the previous missionaries weren't able to use it, which lead to us being able to go where ever we want with no conciquences, so we are going to be shocked a bit come Thursday when we actually have to plan out our miles in the car :P.
Also last week we had a ton of service which was great, since we wanted the change up of facebook and then spending the rest of the day trying to find people. From what I can tell at the moment, this area will give us a lot of service which, I love, since for one, everyone seems to be moving different places and doing spring cleaning as well.
One of our service projects was with a member who has a lung problem, and though she lives in a trailler her front and back yard were huge! We probably baged about fifteen bags of leaves and it would have been doubled had we bagged up the back yard rather than leaf blowing them into a ditch lol. Her street was a bit lop sided more than likely do to the weight of the leaves ya know?
We also moved a family out of Laurel, which is about ten minutes from Seaford into Seaford to a tiny little house. Don't know the story but he and his wife are going through a divorce so its pretty sad to see things like that happen. He has three adopted kids from what I can tell, dont know about the fourth but I always find it cool when I see other families with adopted kids and I'm like ME TOO :D.... scept they is siblings not my kids :P
So Kelly sorry but from what we kinda saw coming is that she is debating on whether or not she is actually interested in the church. As she told us she doesn't really have the drive to do much and from what we could tell really only met with us so that she had something to do, but I don't know maybe in our possible last visit with her this week things will change.
We did however pick up another new gator named Calvin who seems pretty sweet. We were looking for someone else when we came across him and the first thing he asked us when answering the door is what literature do you guys got cause I want it lol. So I gave him a Book of Mormon and while Elder Whitney went and got a pamphlet he and I talked about what a Mormon is. I explained that we believe that a prophet has been called today just like in old times with the old and new testament which he really liked the idea of. We will have our first official lesson with him tomorrow though so details are pending on this one.
We also have quiet a few more potentials turning into gators real soon here so this area isn't as dead as we thought, but rather it hasn't been weeded and pruned for some time and there are a few flowers within the weeds trying to grow :).
One thing that is weird though about this area is that no one ever seems to be home... Like ever. Trying to do clean up is hard when no one is around so we've been trying different places at different times to see when people are most likely home. So far six to seven thirty is the sweet spot for most places. Not home anytime before and if you go after eight at all people seem to get angry for whatever reason (shrug).
So that Philly Cruiser pick I sent ya, well we found out is part of a car group known as the Misfits car group here in Seaford which is pretty dang rediculous. Cars super low, strange paint jobs, the list goes on and on. And its not just this car group that is strange, but rather Delaware has some other really strange individual stuff that I would have expected to find in other places such as Philly but nope, out here in the middle of nowhere, I'll send pictures of it all when I get em lol.
We will get things back up and running, or rather God will, we are just here to help :3.

Well today we are going to the Atlantic Ocean for kicks today, we have the miles so why not ya know. From what I've been told is that its pretty dirty and not as pretty as the pacific but when we get there and take pics I'll let ya know. Also don't worry we are going to stay as far away from the water as possible lol. Funny thing, with all the things I miss doing swimming really isn't as big for me as other missionaries, guess it probly will just take till my year mark before I really start to feel like going for a swim and then I'll just end up having to wait lol.
Happy Birthday Emree!

No comments:

Post a Comment